Meets: The History and Archives Committee meets monthly on the third Saturday at 9:45 a.m. via Zoom. Please contact our office manager to get the link! We welcome any person interested in our work.
Chair: Mary Daniel Cooper
Mission: Collect, preserve, and present history of life in the 19th Ward.
- The first 34 years of the Association’s Archives—from its inception in 1965 through 1998—are housed in the Department of Rare Books, Special Collections and Preservation, University of Rochester River Campus Libraries. In 2017, our committee worked extensively in that collection to make this valuable resource available to researchers interested in community-building. Anyone can visit the archive and review the materials by calling ahead of your visit. Click here for the online finding aid.
A sampling of the potentially exhibit-worthy items we found in this archive:
- Update 19, 1st issue Mar 1966
- a Public Relations Brochure, 1980
- a rich archive of news clippings, 1966 – 1974
- “Insurance Redlining: A Consumer Handbook,” Aug, 1980
- “Lots of Lots,” Rochester City brochure explaining how to buy or adopt a lot
- T-shirts on the theme of Neighborhood, from many years of Square Fair.